What should I expect at my first visit?
At your first visit, we will perform a thorough examination so we can begin to get to know you and your oral health history. You can expect the appointment to take about 1.5 hours, and it will include:
- A comprehensive check-up with x-rays
- A complimentary oral cancer screening
- Intraoral photos, which allow you to see your teeth up close so we can show you exactly what we see
- A professional cleaning based on your specific needs
- Polishing for beautiful, shiny teeth
- A fluoride treatment to help strengthen your enamel and protect your teeth from cavities
Questions on Oral Health
Our dentists will ask you a number of questions to learn more about both your oral and your overall health. It has been said that the mouth acts like a mirror, reflecting your overall health, and we want as complete an understanding of your health as possible.
Scientists have observed that there is a link between your dental health and certain systemic conditions. If you have heart disease, diabetes, respiratory disease, or any other chronic health concern, please let us know so that we can plan your treatment accordingly.
Personalised Dental Care
One of the most exciting parts of your first visit is the opportunity to learn more about you so we can begin to build a trusting professional relationship. We want to provide personalised dental care that reflects your needs, so just let us know what works for you!