We use digital x-rays at Orchards Dental. This x-ray technology has a few advantages over film x-rays. For instance:
- Digital x-rays expose patients to less radiation than film x-rays.
- Many patients find that the sensor used to take digital x-rays is more comfortable than dental film.
- Since digital x-rays are viewed on a computer monitor, the image allows for zooming and rotating so that you can better see any conditions we identify.
- Digital x-rays can be securely emailed to other providers (such as specialists) and insurance companies for authorization.
- We can store digital x-rays in your electronic profile for fast retrieval and comparison.
- Since digital x-rays don't require chemicals or film for developing, they are a great choice for the environment.